Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 January 2011 23:32 Written by Administrator Friday, 09 April 2010 12:17
Symptoms show up several months to several years after contact with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
- Unexplained weight loss or tiredness
- Flu-like feelings that don’t go away
- White spots in the mouth
How is it spread?
- Vaginal, anal, or oral sex with an infected individual
- Sharing needles (for shooting drugs, tattooing, or body piercing)
- Contact with infected blood
There is no cure for HIV. HIV can cause serious illness and eventually death. A mother infected with HIV can give it to her baby in the womb, during childbirth, or while breastfeeding.